We've got an important topic coming up for discussion in one of our October roundtables - employee representation. Employee representation can be a great resource for businesses getting it right, which is what we will be discussing during the meeting - what is EXCELLENT, GOOD, OKAY and POOR practice? See the full newsletter here.
Latest news and developments from Responsible 100 are set out below.
Now in its third year, and combined with the Californian Act and anticipated EU, Australian and Canadian legislation, the UK Modern Slavery Act is arguably transforming corporate supply chains.
To keep up with this transformation and to stay ahead of your peers join the second Global Modern Slavery & Supply Chain Summit (14 Nov. London).
Gathering over 150 senior practitioners, the Summit will give you practical insights on how to move beyond the statement to implementing your corporate strategy.
Led by the world’s top brands, you will get a truly international perspective from senior board members, procurement, policy, legal, trade and sustainability practitioners from the UK and Europe, USA, Asia, Middle East and Sub-Saharan Africa.
- Modern slavery vs. other human rights risks: Develop company-specific risk management & handling
- Detect labour issues: Use unconventional tools to understand local context & address root causes
- Empower suppliers: Implement ethical trading in partnership with suppliers to enforce standards
- Victims’ support: Develop policies & programmes to demonstrate your support
- Your statement in the spotlight: Legal repercussions vs. sharing your progress & how much exposure it should receive
- UK & international regulation: Stay updated with developments, compliance and enforcement
Hear from the world’s leading brands;
- JLL, EMEA Board Member and Global Chief Corporate Responsibility Officer, Richard Batten
- Travis Perkins Plc, Commercial Services Director, Stuart Croucher
- The Co-op, Group Policy Director, Paul Gerrard
- Pentland Brands, Head of Ethical Trade, Tim Pilch
- Sainsbury's, Head of Sustainable & Ethical Sourcing, Stuart Lendrum
- Balfour Beatty plc, Head of Sustainable Procurement, Aaron Reid
- Debenhams, Director of Ethical Trading & Corporate Responsibility, Caroline Haycock
- Thai Union, Global Director of Sustainability, Darian McBain
- Roche, Head of Compliance Sub-Saharan Africa, Mabeh Fung
- Gangmasters Licensing Authority, Head of Business Change & Development, Mark Heath
- Twinings, Head of Social Impact, Celine Gilart
- The Body Shop, Ethical Trade Adviser, Sara Clancy
- ABP Food Group, People Change Director, Vanessa Di Cuffa
- NXP Semiconductors, Senior Director Sustainability, Environment, Health & Safety, Eric-Paul Schat
- GMS Composite Knitting Ind. Ltd., Director, Omar Nasik
See the complete speaker line-up with your Summit brochure: https://front-group.co.uk/modernslavery/brochure
Quote RESP10 to get your 10% discount when registering at https://front-group.co.uk/modernslavery/registration
If you have any further questions regarding attending, speaking or supporting the event, please contact the organisers:
Director, Front Group Ltd.
Tel: +44 203 397 6587
Main: +44 203 441 0250
Our email newsletter highlighted a hot topic coming up for discussion in October - the living wage. This issue will be relevant to any business and the roundtable is a great opportunity to discuss what excellent practice looks like. See the full newsletter here.
Every month for the past 3 years, the Responsible 100 network has quietly but effectively brought together micro businesses, SMEs and some of the world’s largest corporations with leading campaign groups, NGOs, trade bodies, government and regulators. These “critical friend” sessions are really changing the way that business operates one meeting at a time. Read the full blog here.
Responsible 100's shortest question is this: Is your business transparent on tax? As we explain in our guest blog, any business can answer this question. Any business can benchmark their performance as POOR, OKAY, GOOD or EXCELLENT in so doing. Any business can publish its answer and R100 score for anyone to view, scrutinise and comment on via this website. Read more about our methodology and the reasons for being open and honest on tax on The Crowd website.
Looking forward to an exciting year ahead. Looking back on some highlights from 2014. Read the full email newsletter here. And watch the video clip of highlights from our Good Deals debate: